Accra, 14th July 2020 – Unilever Ghana has today launched two new variants of its Geisha soap, specifically Geisha Moringa and Geisha Black soap.
These variants are formulated with locally sourced natural ingredients such as cocoa butter, activated charcoal and Moringa oil and come at a time when the Ghanaian consumer’s demand and preference for locally sourced and natural-based products is on the rise.
Geisha has a rich history of being Africa’s most loved soap on account of the long-lasting benefits it offers to patrons, and this innovation is an addition to its range of enviable variants.
Speaking at the launch, Managing Director of Unilever Ghana plc, George Owusu-Ansah, said “I would like to assure you, that these two variants are safe and beneficial to all skin types. Our brand Geisha is, indeed, proud to add these two variants to its growing portfolio of variants. Variants that give consumers quality, affordable solutions to their Skin Cleanse needs.”
“I want to seize this opportunity to commend members of the team that worked tirelessly to research, innovate and make the launch of these variants possible. Their work is a manifestation of Unilever Ghana’s commitment to households in Ghana and our unrelenting dedication to ensure that our products meet the everyday needs and aspirations of Ghanaians.”
Deputy Minister for Trade and Industry, Hon Michael Okyere Baafi, who represented the sector minister, Alan John Kyerematen, commended Unilever Ghana for its continuous contribution to the Ghanaian economy.” Unilever Ghana has proven to be a responsible company overtime, as they have kept their commitment to the local economy through the discharge of their tax obligations, purchasing of local raw materials and the provision of jobs for the people of Ghana.”
Hon. Baafi also pledged Government’s support for Unilever Ghana’s efforts and implored Ghanaians to patronize their products.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Tell us what makes Geisha Moringa and Geisha Black Soaps stand out from other natural soaps?
- Geisha has been around for many years and that gives us an urge in know best what the needs of our consumers are.
- We have a dedicated R&D team which ensures that the products we put out there are safe and can be used by anyone, whether young or old, and with any skin type.
- Additionally, our natural soap has been made with every Ghanaian consumer in mind. This makes it affordable and accessible to every Ghanaian, no matter their income bracket.
- What according to you are the major benefits of using Geisha Moringa or Geisha Black Soap?
- Geisha Moringa and Geisha Black Soap are all-natural based products made from products that are locally sourced.
- Using these variants gives the consumer the benefits of naturally caring for his/her skin and keeping the skin safe from harsh chemicals.
- Are these new variants readily available on the market?
- Yes, they are readily available and can be purchased in all shops and supermarkets that stock Unilever products.
- What are the active unique ingredients in these new soap variants?
- The active ingredients in the new soap variants are activated charcoal, cocoa butter, Moringa oil, all combined to give users natural soft glowing skin.
- Is this replacing the other Geisha soap variants on the markets?
- This in no way replaces the other Geisha soap variants. This is only an addition to meet the needs of our consumers who would otherwise prefer to use natural skincare products.
- How much does it cost?
The recommended retail price is GHC 4.50
Geisha is a well-known Ghanaian family brand in the skin cleansing category. The brand has been empowering mothers for over 60 years to pass on the values of strength and resilience to their children to stay strong when faced with challenges.
This year, Geisha is launching 2 new variants in Ghana- Traditional Black Soap & Moringa Oil Soap under its project Heritage campaign. These new variants have been developed with the consumers preference for natural products in mind. This is proof of Unilever’s claim of being a trusted brand in the natural skin cleansing category across Africa.
Geisha is launching these Geisha heritage variants which include locally sourced natural ingredients, such as cocoa butter, activated charcoal and Moringa oil, which are preferred and patronized by Ghanaian consumers, as per the findings of a commissioned research ahead of the launch.
With this innovation, Geisha intends to continue being the leading family brand soap within the toilet soaps offering in Ghana.